Latest Mortgage & Property Market News
Here are the latest news from the BBC and the Council of Mortgage Lenders. Most recent press releases are listed first. Click on the title to read the full story.
- Price of flats fell in England last year, says Land Registry BBC
13 February 2019
Buying a flat or maisonette in England is cheaper than a year ago, according to official figures, with the cost of semi-detached homes rising fastest.
- UK housing market experiences new year chill BBC
07 February 2019
UK house prices fell by 2.9% in January compared with December, according to the country's largest mortgage lender.
- House price growth at near six-year low BBC
31 January 2019
UK house prices grew at the slowest annual rate for nearly six years in January, according to the Nationwide.
- Housing market outlook worst 'for 20 years' BBC
17 January 2019
The housing market outlook over the next three months is the worst for 20 years, surveyors say.
- Brexit uncertainty hits house purchases BBC
16 January 2019
The West Midlands had the strongest annual house price growth across the UK in the 12 months to November 2018.
- Plan to free 'mortgage prisoners' revealed by FCA BBC
10 January 2019
The City regulator is planning a change of rules that could lower the housing costs of thousands of so-called "mortgage prisoners".